Saturday, November 3, 2007

Nesta big idea thing

Yesterday I went to the West Midlands launch of the NESTA Big Green Challenge prize - a prize of £1million for the most innovative idea and implementation to reduce carbon emissions by a community. I have a whole bunch of thoughts on this and will blog about it later on this weekend (I have my daughters 7th birthday party to get through and a night out at Project X this eve). However although I feel the prize idea is in some ways flawed in relation to the scale of the problem the event itself provided some good networking opportunities. I was pleased to see that there are some significant movements within my own neighbourhood (Moseley, Birmingham) to try to reduce CO2 and I will be looking into this at more depth and spreading the word about how to get involved.

Incidentally, based on my previous post I have only used my car two days this week (not much I know but a start).

No comments: